About the Techblog Editorial Team
Alan J Weissberger
- Content Manager and principal contributing author to IEEE ComSoc blog site since March 2009.
- Former 5 times chair of IEEE ComSocSCV (1979-1980; 2009-2011).
- IEEE ComSocSCV Program Chair (2006-2011).
- IEEE Global Communications Network (GCN) NA Correspondent & Author of numerous articles.
- Creator and manager of IEEE member email discussion group (2006 to present). IEEE & ComSoc member liaison for ComSocSCV (2006 to present).
Professor Ana García Armada, PhD
Ana García Armada is a full professor at University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain, where she has occupied a variety of management positions (Head of Signal Theory and Communications Department, Vice-dean of Electrical Engineering, Deputy Vice-Chancellor of International Relations, among others). She is currently leading the Communications Research Group at this university.
Prof. Garcia Armada is the co-author of eight book chapters on wireless communications and signal processing. She has published around 150 papers in international journals and conference proceedings and she holds four patents. She has contributed to international standards organizations, such as ITU and ETSI, is a member of the expert group of the European 5G PPP and a member of the advisory committee 5JAC of the ESA as expert appointed by Spain on 5G.
Now Chair of the IEEE ComSoc On-Line Content board, Ana has served on the editorial board of IEEE Communications Letters since 2016 (Editor until Feb 2019, Senior Editor from Mar 2019, Exemplary Editor Award 2017 and 2018) and IEEE Transactions on Communications since 2019.
Ana will be writing articles for the Techblog and will review guest blog submissions. Her main interests are multi-carrier and multi-antenna techniques and signal processing applied to wireless communications.
Her webpage is at: http://agarcia.webs.tsc.uc3m.es/
And her detailed CV may be viewed at:
- Spanish version (updated Jan 2020)
- English version (updated Jan 2020)
- Google Scholar: link
- ResearchGate: link
- Academia.edu: link